I’m a happy member of Tompkins Time Traders. It’s wonderful and let me tell you why.
1. I’ve met lots of great people, just by being involved with Tompkins Time Traders. You get to know people, not just superficially, but at a deeper level. I feel like we’re one, big, happy family.
2. I’ve shared my skills and talents with others. Sharing has helped me become more aware of myself. So join us and start sharing.
3. I love the concept of receiving services and goods without exchanging money. I love this bit of money-free living, as I like to call it.
4. I’ve received some great stuff through Tompkins Time Traders. I’ve had an awesome Tarot card session, a super relaxing therapeutic massage, and now am learning American Sign Language. All of this is through Tompkins Time Traders. Now, how cool is that?
5. I love the giving and receiving element of Tompkins Time Traders. By being involved with Tompkins Time Traders, I get to practice the art and skill of giving and receiving. This makes me a better person, I think.
6. I love being part of a community–the Tompkins Time Traders community. We’re a dynamic and growing group of local folks having fun sharing, giving, and receiving. Being part of a community is so important. After all, we’re social being and community is a big part of our human-ness (I don’t think that’s a word, but I’m going to use it anyway.).
7. I think it’s important, no vital, for everyone to share their skills, talents, and the best of themselves with others. That keeps us alive and vibrant. Tompkins Time Traders helps me do that. If we all shared a little more, this world would be better off, I think.
8. Tompkins Time Traders gives me the opportunity to grow, learn, expand, and reach my personal potential. So join us and start doing some of your own growing and expanding.
(Okay, I know the title says five reasons and I’ve listed eight reasons. More is better, right? What do you love about Tompkins Time Traders? Please share with us. We love to hear your comments.)
So, now that you’ve heard my spiel, run (don’t walk) to the nearest computer and join now. I don’t think you’ll regret it for a minute.
Note: These are the opinions of Tompkins Time Traders member Nancy. They are her personal views and opinions about Tompkins Time Traders. Share yours with us!
P.S. Can you tell I love smiley faces??!! (Or are they called happy faces?? Which ever, they are cute.)